[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

Jim Pratt n6ig at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 21:09:00 EST 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:03:35 EST KI9A at aol.com writes:
 > Well, I sit here Sunday night after another fun SSCW.  I can't help
 > to ponder
 > if (when?) the CAC may change the SS rules to help cure the Sunday
 > doldrums.

And K6LL replied:

<snip>

I have sent copies of this message to all members of the
ARRL Contest Advisory Committee, and urge others to likewise
express their opinion to the people who make the rules.
Their e-mail addresses should be in the header of this message,
and are also listed below.
The CAC does *not* make the rules;  HQ makes the rules.  In fact, the CAC
doesn't even have the power to officially *discuss* something unless we are
tasked with an assignment from the League's HQ and BOD.  So, if someone
wants contest rules to be changed, the first steps are to contact the
appropriate people at HQ (N1ND and N7NG) and to lobby your Division director
and vice-director.  If they decide that this is a worthwhile thing to
discuss, they will then assign something to the CAC, who will come up with a
recommendation that may or may not be implemented.

Just relaying the facts of life...

73, Jim  N6IG