[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

Tom HammondNØSS n0ss at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 16:14:25 EST 2001

Dave, et al:

Then, K6ll writes:
>I totally agree. This contest is WAY too long, and high
>power is completely unnecessary.

But PLEASE continue to use QRO... less competition for us QRPers. <G>

>The USA/Canada wreck the bands worldwide.

Can't argue with you there.

>Sunday is a boring drag,
>and the top scores all start to converge, because there
>is a limited pool of stations to work. This scoring
>convergence itself is a powerful indicator that the game is
>defective.

With all due respect, Dave...

Not necessarily... when scores start to converge, the
name of the game then starts to be 'how accurately can
I copy what I'm being sent'... and don't kid yourself,
this can make a BIG difference in the final scores.

Additionally, it helps the little guys, who couldn't make
it thru the big time contester stations, to pick up some
of the Q's/mults they missed early on.

73 ,

Tom Hammond   N0SS

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com