[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

tgstewart at pepco.com tgstewart at pepco.com
Mon Nov 5 13:18:14 EST 2001

Amen, Dick!

Things were so slow this year, I started actively using the 2nd radio from
the start of the contest instead of waiting til the second day.  I got
lots of CW SO2R practice this weekend!

73, Ty K3MM

"Dick Green" <dick.green at valley.net>
Sent by: owner-cq-contest at contesting.com
11/05/2001 09:02 AM

        To:     "CONTEST" <CQ-Contest at contesting.com>, KI9A at aol.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

> Make multiple Q's with same station. Keep MULTS the same.

No thanks. The work-each-station-once rule is part of the charm of SS and
helps keep the scores very close throughout the ranks. It also helps to
level the playing field for stations that don't have major antennas on
every
band. The grueling work on Sunday is part of the game, too. If you really
want boredom, try it from the East Coast! If you don't like it, just work
the 24 hours straight through and skip the last 6 hours.

73, Dick WC1M

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com