[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

Ed Miske e.miske at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 5 13:49:44 EST 2001

I'm a firm believer in the motto:

"Just because it ain't broke, dosen't mean it can't be fixed up to work a
little better."

That said, SS is just fine the way it is.

Sure, the first 500 Q's or so are a rate lovers treat. The next 500,
depending on your power and antenna situation are more work. Anything over
that would be pure speculation on my part as I've never been in that ocean,
but I suspect it takes much determination to get #'s 1001 and  up. This is
the "character" of SS. Adding the occasional new mult is change enough, I
think.

Wonder what Sunday afternoon was like in 1970?

73

Ed/WA3SES

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com