[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

Dallas Carter ludal at dmv.com
Mon Nov 5 19:53:51 EST 2001

That's an interesting question Ed.  I should pull some of my old logs
and check that out for you.  My recollection is that Sundays were
slower than Saturday, but not like today.  For one thing, I also have
the feeling that participation was higher and rates were lower.  You will
surely appreciate that we kept paper logs and check sheets (ask an
old timer what those are) back then.  Top scorers, the likes of W4KFC,
W3GRF and others managed around 800 Q's.  That's about half the
winning totals these days, and I still believe the participation was greater
then.  Elsewhere I posted data of the 97 and 01 contests from my logs
supporting a radical decline in participation.  I won't bore you with the
details, but will provide on request.

thanks for the Q.

73  Dallas W3PP

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com