[CQ-Contest] CQWW Logging Question

k7qq at juno.com k7qq at juno.com
Tue Nov 6 05:19:51 EST 2001

Quacks
One of the problems I've found is with the short call, in State Q parties
is trying to log  K4OJ/BREV   the logging program won't take this, I've
found a way around this but all of the  /p/qrp/xyz /6 /7 etc. doesn't
make my SS log . It isn't even required by SS to log wl7e/w7  or kh8ac/1
.

Rex

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:29:43 -0000 "K0HB H. Brakob"
<HHBrakob at email.msn.com> writes:

> >From our rules:
>
> "(c) One or more indicators may be included with the call sign. Each
> indicator must be separated from the call sign by the slant mark (/)
> or by any suitable word that denotes the slant mark. If an indicator
> is self-assigned, it must be included before, after, or both before
> and after, the call sign. No self-assigned indicator may conflict
> with
> any other indicator specified by the FCC Rules or with any prefix
> assigned to another country. "
>
> As you can see from the above, here we can use almost anything
> as a prefix or suffix (or both) to our call sign.  For example, it
> would be
> perfectly legal for me to sign "HALFBAKED/K0HB/HAM" on the air.
>
> Since it seems that other countries also have liberal rules in this
> regard,
> it is unreasonable for a logging program to be required to find the
> "real"
> call sign in all that gobbledygook.  Therefor I only log the minimal
> required
> info, such as the callsign and indicator of portable operation in a
> different
> country.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.