[CQ-Contest] SS w/Packet

N7MAL n7mal at ctaz.com
Tue Nov 6 07:36:30 EST 2001

WAY TO GO JIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been fighting for years to stop the 'wimps and 'sissies' who have to
spot a stateside station in a contest, any stateside in any contest,
including 160 contests. I was horrified Sat eve, around midnight local time,
when I had finished contesting, I signed in on the cluster to see if there
was any DX spotted. I was horrified because a certain, unnamed big gun W8
who writes contest software, had spotted me. WHY??????? (Was he so excited
his station worked AZ from MI on 80m???) There were at least 15 other active
stations in AZ, including a K6, who is to lazy to sign /7, and give everyone
a clue he might be in AZ.
By the way that same K6 doesn't appear to like the contest, so instead of
changing the rules for a contest that is older than that K6, I think we
should all tell the K6 not to even bother operating in the SS again. That
applies to ALL of you who don't like the rules. Turn your radio off.
I do think Jim, in all fairness, you have insulted 12 year olds, these guys
act more like my 4 year old granddaughter.
Let's get back to the real spirit of contesting, forget DX Packet-Clusters,
and see how many stations you can work on your own. And for the rest of you
cry-babies SUCK it up and GROW up.

MAL               N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm