[CQ-Contest] The sport of contesting?

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Nov 7 08:06:02 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Dale L Martin wrote:

> > > More and more I see contesting written up as a sport. If so,
> > are contesters
> > > athletes?
> > >

> As much so as competitive bridge, chess, monopoly, scrabble, pool, darts
> players are.
>
> :-)
>
> 73,
> dale, kg5u

Maybe more so.  Although such sports may exist, I don't know of any where
the players stay awake for 24 to 48 hours straight.  :-]

73, Zack W9SZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: OK-OM DX Contest Committee <okomdxc at radioamater.cz> (OK-OM DX Contest Committee)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:22:34 +0100
Subject: [CQ-Contest] OK-OM DX Contest 2001 is this weekend!

Dr OMs:

OK-OM DX Contest 2001 is this weekend!
More info at http://okomdx.radioamater.cz.

Contest period: UTC 1200 Saturday to 1200 Sunday (10.-11. Nov 2001).
Mode: CW only.
Bands: 1.8 through 28 MHz, except WARC bands.
Categories: SO AB, SO SB, MO, SWL (more at web).

Making QSOs: OK/OL/OM stations contact non OK/OL/OM stations only. Non
OK/OL/OM stations contact OK/OL/OM stations only. A station may be
worked once per band.

Exchange: OK/OL/OM: RST + district abbreviation (e. g. 599 BPZ). Non
OK/OL/OM: RST + progressive QSO number starting with 001.

Awards: The participants will be awarded in three divisions: OK/OM, EU
and DX. In each division and each category will be awarded to the top
50% of entrants. From all entrants will be allotted 10 entrants
(random selection) who will get T-shirt with contest logo. Plaques
will be awarded to the winners of the categories, and if they make at
least 73 QSO in single band category, 200 QSO in QRP or 400 QSO in all
band category.

CU there!

73!

Martin Huml
OK1FUA, in the contests: OL5Y, IH9/OL5Y, IH9P, S586U (WRTC 2000), 9A0A
OK-OM DX Contest director
OKOMDXC at radioamater.cz
http://okomdx.radioamater.cz

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com