[CQ-Contest] re: SS observations ( kinda long)

Mike W4EF at dellroy.com
Wed Nov 7 14:38:42 EST 2001

I think George makes a key point here. People keep talk about declining
activity, but are overall scores really dropping? What would be interesting
to study is the overall trend between Saturday night standings and final
scores.
I haven't looked at the data, but my suspicion is that the prevalance of
SO2R
allows everyone to clean up - working the bulk of particpants on Saturday
night,
thus leaving fewer stations to work on Sunday. Same number of stations to
work, but they are worked out more quickly due to improved efficiencies in
station design and computer software technology.

Anyone studied this?