[CQ-Contest] SS Question

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Wed Nov 7 07:58:36 EST 2001

k7qq at juno.com wrote:

> Read the rules ,  they state plainly that you send the same exchange
> for the entire SS event..  Start   QRP and go to HI power your still
> sending QRP. in the exchange.

We messed up our exchange (forgot about the "new" M PREC), so we sent B
instead of M for the first 10 QSO's.  I asked N1ND what we should do
about the log, and he wrote ...

"Your log should show what you actually sent on each QSO line.  If you
change it, it would cost the other station a QSO as a bust.  Make sure
the header of your log file shows the category correctly and you will
be ok."

In other words, if you have to change something, make sure the previous
QSO's show the "old" exchange ... and QSO's after the change show the
"new" exchange.

It sounds like as long as the log checking software can match things up,
no one will get penalized.

Ron, WD4AHZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com