[CQ-Contest] band-pass filtering -- a new approach?

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at contesting.com
Fri Nov 9 12:10:26 EST 2001

The lack of filtering the transmitted signal will bother you quite a bit,
and I would respectfully propose that this disadvantage will greatly
outweigh a
hundred watts on the output. Eg, a fraction of a db versus wiping out weak
received signals on SO2R

At NY4A CQWWCW multi this year, I'm going to add a HIGH POWER filter after
the amp on 40m
to cut down on the interference to 15. Probably could do the same with
*properly* installed stubs, but that is the rub, getting that right, so will
cheat by spending some money for the high power 40m bandpass.

By any angle I can think of, SO2R invokes all the cross interference
problems of multi-multi except nX +- nY intermod, and except you only annoy
yourself, and maybe that's
worse. I'm betting there's no way you can cheat or finess the problem.

GL & 73, Guy.