[CQ-Contest] Re: Bandpass filters, front end protection

Marijan Miletic, S56A artinian at siol.net
Fri Nov 9 19:59:51 EST 2001

All you need to reduce input drive power requirements for SB-220 is a short
piece of wire to connect grids directly to the ground improving the
amplifier operational stability at the same time!

Very good Pi type input filters on SB-220 may require some tuning after that
in order to achieve perfect 1:1 input SWR.

The best bandpass filter article was written by OM Tom, DL7AV in the very
first issue of CQ-Contest journal.  L/C circuits have better Q then coaxial
cables.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, proud owner of SB-220 with original PSU
unfortunately limiting output power to 1 kW.