[CQ-Contest] Re: Realtime Scoring Site

Rick Tavan tavan at tibco.com
Sat Nov 10 12:51:55 EST 2001

Let's see how many ways we can find to quash a good idea....

Look gang, we seem to agree that the information would be entertaining, maybe even good for competition. Some folks worry about potential advantages of the connected over the unconnected. Can't possibly be as great an advantage as packet or Internet spotting which we tolerate through the use of Single-Op Assisted and Multiop entry classes. So if real-time score knowledge is considered an Unfair Advantage, just prohibit access to it for unassisted operators. OK to contribute. Just like spots.

/Rick N6XI

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com