[CQ-Contest] A Tribute to Horst Lemp, DL8PC, R.I.P.

KC1F kc1f at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 12 13:23:36 EST 2001

Hello:

     I still remember, after 30 years, that Horst was my very first
cross-band QSO on 40 m SSB when I was a high school student.  I remember the
clumsy switching arrangement with the SX-101 receiver and the Heathkit
HW-100 as a transmitter.  He always sounded like he was enjoying himself,
and he sounded the same on our last QSO on 1999 as he did in 1971.  My log
shows 27 qsos with him just since 1990.  It sounds like he went to his
reward doing something he loved.  Rest in peace, old friend !

                                    Stu        KC1F