[CQ-Contest] Using the Array Solutions SO2R Master with FT1000MP and FT1000D

Bob Wolbert k6xx at juno.com
Tue Nov 13 15:16:32 EST 2001

Yes, I've had a similar problem. Using a TS-930 (or 950) with an MP, the
Kenwood would always be forced key-down.

It is due to the way the box has bi-directional TR control--it's supposed
to know if the rig is keyed manually as well. The TR line on the MP is
only 5V, while it the Kenwood rigs use something closer to 15V. The two
lines are connected to a common point via 20k ohm resistors. The Yaesu
rig pulls the Kenwood rig's TR line below its threshold of about 11V,
causing it to go key-down.

A diode solved my problem, but disabled the bidirectionality (which I
don't need).

Hope you can find a similar easy solution.

73 de Bob, K6XX
k6xx at arrl.net
www.k6xx.com

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:30:49 -0500 (EST) Mark Bailey <kd4d at Radix.Net>
writes:

> Hello all:
>
> I'm having an odd problem with using the Array Solutions SO2R master
> with an FT1000MP (Radio A) and FT1000D (Radio B).  These were
> configured
> for CW, using computer PTT and keying, and TR-Log software.
>
> The problem is in switching receive audio.  In "Automatic", when
> transmitting on Radio A (FT1000MP), the receive audio should switch
> to Radio B.  This works fine if the PTT is unplugged from Radio A.
>
> With the PTT plugged into the FT1000MP, the receive audio doesn't
> switch to radio B when the FT1000MP is transmitting.  The LED's
> don't look right when Radio B is transmitting...they both stay
> lit.
>
> This acts like the FT1000MP is actually driving the PTT line low
> (as seen by the SO2R master) for some reason.  Keying both radios
> works fine.  During CW SS, I just switched the received audio
> manually and everything else worked.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance and 73.
>
> Mark, KD4D

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.