[CQ-Contest] Balloons and antennas

bob.wruble at verizon.net bob.wruble at verizon.net
Tue Nov 13 16:58:39 EST 2001

ron chudy wa7uqv was the resident baloon expert.  he used to sell a kit
including the ballon and wire etc.

i messed with baloons for awhile but wind, ice and snow at
my radio qth was too much to deal with.  they DO WK tho!

ron sold a lite weght teflon coated wire that was very strong for
its size....something like #22 or 24 gauge.

Banner Baloon (206-322-6448) in the seattle  area is a good source of stout
baloons.  teflon material.....get the biggest one u can afford and fill it
with hydrogen (if u dare) io know hydrgen is explosive .... with proper
handling and care i never had a problem!   de w7gg