[CQ-Contest] Posting packet spots in SS

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 19:06:54 EST 2001

In a message dated 11/14/2001 10:01:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
aa4lr at arrl.net writes:

> >Here is the problem:  I got not one but two messages from a WD8 complaining
> >that I was not posting the Sections.  He says that what I was doing "makes
> >no
> >sense".
>
> I'm wondering if that certain WD8 will be submitting a log in something
> other than the U or M category.....

I just received a post card today, postmarked in Cleveland, OH, telling me
that I was a lid for posting those spots without sections noted.  This card
was apparently pre printed for sending large quantities to many "lids", and
further annotated by hand telling me again that posting spots without
sections makes no sense.  Of course, the card was unsigned, but curiously
enough it was postmarked in WD98-land!

Whoever sent me this "you're a lid" card, really wanted me to get the
message, because it was posted with a 34 cent stamp!  I am so proud of this
card that I will post on my shack bulletin board.

Incidentally, I plan to work SS fone in the Unlimited category, and will
probably continue to post lots of spots without sections to help all of those
other stations in the U and M categories to work all they can.  I certainly
hope other U's and M's do the same for me.

73, George, K5KG

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com