[CQ-Contest] IC-765 audio problem help?

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at w9wi.com
Thu Nov 15 00:08:00 EST 2001

Anyone else ever had the receive audio power amp in an IC-765 die?

This Monday morning, when I went to plug the 'phones in the audio level
dropped to almost - but not quite - nothing.  I already had an interface
wired to the phone patch jack for PSK-31, so I hooked it to an old boom box
instead and the audio at that point is fine.  (and indeed I could really
operate that way indefinitely, as the 20 or so Europeans I've worked this
week on 10 meters could confirm<grin>)

I don't *think* it's a problem with the headphone jack but can't really rule
it out yet.  I'm just wondering if there's some other "standard failure" in
that circuit in the '765.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66