[CQ-Contest] VP6 - Ducie Island

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie at dailydx.com
Thu Nov 15 12:50:43 EST 2001

I just wanted to bring the upcoming VP6 Ducie DXpedition to the
attention of the contest community.  A group of DXpeditioners will be on
from Ducie Island this weekend, during the SSB Sweepstakes.  This may
cause some interesting situations on SSB on 15 meters (and other bands)
when the band is open between the US and Ducie Island.  I have told the
group so they are at least aware of what is going on.  I suggested,
since many of their ops are SSB ops, they operate the WARC bands, but
they did not comment on that fact.  Anyway they will be on the air this
weekend.

73 and see you in the pileups!
Bernie, W3UR

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Editor of - The Daily DX - The Weekly DX - How's DX

http://www.dailydx.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com