[CQ-Contest] RULES ARE RULES

Alan Braun albraun at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 20 02:37:04 EST 2001

It seems to me that any ambiguity in the way the rules themselves are worded
is taken care of by the example exchange that comes with them, and which is
included in them:

"Example: WA4QQN would respond to W1AW's call by sending: W1AW 123 B WA4QQN
71 NC which indicates QSO number 123, B for Single Op High Power, WA4QQN,
first licensed in 1971, and in the North Carolina section. "

I don't see how it could be any more clear than that. Plus the fact that
99.9% of the participants sent the exchange that way would seem to suggest
that people do indeed interpret the rules the way MAL suggests!

Alan NS0B