[CQ-Contest] RULES ARE RULES

Bruce Ferry bferry at brightdsl.net
Wed Nov 21 10:56:12 EST 2001

I only remember 2 or 3 out of the 400+ that I worked who did NOT include
the callsign in the exchange. I was thankful for two reasons:

1. It gave me a moment to correct the number and precident in case I
fumble fingered it.

2. I was SURE of the callsign after hearing it a second (at least) time.

I can also see the real value of having it there rather than using your
callsign every time you call QRZ. I did strictly S&P on this contest and
found that I picked out the callsign most often from the exchange and
not the CQ/QRZ call.

When you're the run station then adding a bit of time after the
number/precident to allow the calling station a bit more time to type it
right probably pays off in not having to repeat those two items as
frequently.

--
Bruce Ferry, AK8B

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com