[CQ-Contest] Disturbing...very disturbing...

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Mon Nov 26 06:30:12 EST 2001

Dale,

If this is the first one you have seen, you haven't seen the Hamcom
(Arlington Texas) announcements over the last few years.

This year was a remarkable exception, but the last several have been
pitiful.  Not only did they not have contesting on the program, but overall
attendance was way down.  Any connection ?

I spoke to the previous chairman of Hamcom and asked why they scheduled
their convention on the same weekend as the ARRL VHF contest and he replied
that he was not aware of that and it was too late to do anything about it.
His call was W5JBP.  Enough said.

The bottom line is that the powers that be do not consider contesting
important to the future of ham radio.  This fact has been evident for years
despite some lip service.

"for a tree is recognized by its fruit".

73,
Bob N5NJ