[CQ-Contest] Listen on 7205

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 31 22:47:10 EST 2001

At 06:10 PM 10/31/2001 +0100, Zoltan Szoke wrote:

>The big problem with Eu-USA QSOs on 40 m that sometimes I didn't know how
>many other Eu station/s listen on "my" receiving freq yet. If I heard an
>USA
>callsign I made a QSO quickly, but how can I know from that USA station
>called me and not another Eu on that freq!?? I think that lots of Eu
>stations made "shade-QSOs"...

Hi Zoli,

I've been the primary 40m SSB op at KC1XX for several years.

When I'm in Search/Pounce mode here's what I do:

7.040: CQ de HA5PP listening 7.225
7.225: KC1 Xray Xray
7.040: KC1XX ur 5915
7.225: HA5PP QSL ur 5905
7.040: QSL QRZ? HA5PP listening 7.225

It's important for me to give the DX callsign so they know who I'm working,
if several are listening on the same frequency.

I wish the DX stations who answered me when I was working split would do
the same.  I know of several instances I was CQing and guys were calling
someone on my Rx frequency, but it wasn't me.  The timing was sometimes
very close, but not close enough.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com