[CQ-Contest] Listen on 7205

Mike W4EF at dellroy.com
Wed Oct 31 19:56:09 EST 2001

Hi Zoli,

I noticed this same problem here in W6 land with several JA
stations listening on the same frequency. The best thing to do is for
USA stations to give the callsign of the station to which they are
replying. Example:

    "CQ Contest Listening 7205 from HA5PP"

    "HA5PP from W4EF W4EF over"

    "W4EF you are 59 15 over"

    "HA5PP your 59 03 from W4EF QSL?"

This won't totally eliminate the problem (invetibably the random
timing of the other stations calls may at some time cut off the part
of my transmission where I give your call) , but it should make for
fewer errant QSOs. This will take longer of course, but rates
never seem to high on 40 phone anyway (at least for us W6's).

73 de Mike, W4EF................