[CQ-Contest] Inspiration or ?

James Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 3 20:01:45 EDT 2001

One of the most wonderful and amazing aspects of this hobby of ours is the
fact that "one size doesn't have to fit all"...

We can enjoy Amateur Radio (in general), and contesting (in particular) to
any degree that we choose. ENJOY, I believe, should be the operative goal
here.

Compete at what ever level that you choose.  But, please, keep it in
perspective.

Remember, 100 years from now, no one will most likely know  we even existed.

If you want to build the biggest station ever, go for it.  If your goal is
to beat your best friend, O.K. too.  If you want to try and break in to the
World Top Ten from a modest Caribbean Island station, you may find it fun.

That's it!!  Have fun.  Share your enjoyment and skills with others.  Do the
best you can, and don't worry about what the other guy has or is doing.  And
play by the rules.

And join a NEIGER'S TIGERS team for CQ WW SSB or CW.  Any and all are
welcome.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger
N6TJ