[CQ-Contest] Sleep Deprivation

Sylvan Katz jskatz at sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 5 18:35:14 EDT 2001

> This seems to imply that no caffeine was administered prior to teh 48-hr
point.  So why the separate graph
> lines (red and black) prior to 48 hours?

You need to establish a base line to show that both the caffeine and the
control group experienced the same reduction in performance during and up
until 48 hours when the caffeine was administered. From 0-48 hours both
groups had a similar decrease in performance. Therefore we know the two
groups experienced similar affects. Caffeine was given at the 48 hour point
and from there on there is a difference --- the caffeine groups performance
improved while the control groups performance did not.

And after that long explanation I need another cup of Java ........

.. sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com