[CQ-Contest] K3NM/LU9AY 40M SSB FCC Fiasco

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Mon Oct 8 23:20:11 EDT 2001

I read with great disappointment the letter sent to K3NM by the
FCC.  Before reading Matts response, I figured it was nothing more than a
case of "he said, she said", and wrote a letter to Riley expressing my
disappointment in his handling of it.

Essentially, you or anyone else can write a letter to the FCC making
accusations against someone else and get their callsign published on the
ARRL's web site attached to a letter sent by Riley.

Do any of you feel this is just?

I urge you all to express yourselves in this matter.

I feel very bad for K3NM and LU9AY.  I'm also very disappointed that the
ARRL is publishing these letters with no opportunity for the convicted
--errrr-- accused to give their side of the story.

Just another reason to stay away from the CB --errr-- SSB band.

73

Bill, W4AN

The CW Sprint is just 5 months away, and nobody got a letter from the FCC
after the last one.  :)

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com