[CQ-Contest] K3NM/LU9AY 40M SSB FCC Fiasco

Bill Aycock baycock at HIWAAY.NET
Mon Oct 8 23:28:56 EDT 2001

Bill, W4AN asked for comment. First- I am not a contester, but occasionally
will participate to provide QSOs for the needy. That said, I will say that
I think contesting is an integral part of our hobby, that all do not need
to participate in the activity, but should tolerate it as the interest of a
large fraction of active Hams.

THe major problem I have with the letters, in addition to the lack of
opportunity for public reply, is that there is an apparent attempt to hide
the ID of the complainers. I have seen 5 or 6 letters on this subject, have
read Riley's letter, and have yet to find out who thinks he had his toes
stepped on.

I think the ARRL needs to think again about this public display without
opportunity for reply, and that there should be an attempt to include the
enclosures Riley sends with the formal letter. One of the fundamnetals of
our system of jurisprudence is that of being able to face (or at least know
of) the accuser.

IOW- Who bitched?

Bill-W4BSG

-
Bill Aycock          W4BSG              EM64vr
Jackson County, AL

W4BSG is "vanity" this time, but was
earned by exam in 1954, the first time.

w4bsg at arrl.net