[CQ-Contest] Contest Writeup Errors

kb3aug at juno.com kb3aug at juno.com
Tue Oct 9 22:06:18 EDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:21:51 -0700 Tree N6TR <tree at kkn.net> writes:

> The solution to this problem isn't hard to visualize.  If we had
> a standardized format for the summary sheet - it would make pulling
> data from it much easier.  Furthermore, if the summary sheet was
> somehow integrated into the log - so it was all one file, it would
> eliminate any of the remaining issues.
>
> In fact, the solution already exists for most contests:  Cabrillo.
>
> Using Cabrillo to submit your logs is simply the best way to help us
>
> improve the accuracy of the results.
>
> There is another benefit to using this format.  Many of the
> processes used
> to receive logs are being automated to the point where a Cabrillo
> format
> log can be processed with very little (if any) human handling.  This
>
> minimizes the opportunity for error and greatly improves our
> productivity.
>
> All of this adds up to the following point...  if you submit your
> log
> in Cabrillo, you are doing your part to help improve the log
> processing
> process.
>

> 73 Tree N6TR
> tree at kkn.net

In last years CQWW SSB I submitted a Cabrillo log. I didn't think it was
necessary for me to put /8 on my call in the subject field because
Cabrillo has a line for State. Turns out that line was not used for
anything and my listing in the results was in 3 land. I should of won 2nd
place in 8 land for my class. I sent off an e-mail pointing this out and
hopefully, I'll get the certificate and something will get said about in
the magazine.
So make sure you put /whatever if your in another call area then what
your call says in the subject line of your e-mail for your score
submission.

73,
Bill KV3R/8
Wild Wonderful WV