[CQ-Contest] Contest Writeup Errors

Bill Turner w7ti at dslextreme.com
Wed Oct 10 08:49:05 EDT 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:06:18 -0400, kb3aug at juno.com wrote:

>In last years CQWW SSB I submitted a Cabrillo log. I didn't think it was
>necessary for me to put /8 on my call in the subject field because
>Cabrillo has a line for State. Turns out that line was not used for
>anything and my listing in the results was in 3 land. I should of won 2nd
>place in 8 land for my class. I sent off an e-mail pointing this out and
>hopefully, I'll get the certificate and something will get said about in
>the magazine.
>So make sure you put /whatever if your in another call area then what
>your call says in the subject line of your e-mail for your score
>submission.

Would this be required even if you don't actually SEND the /6 or
whatever?  Having a 7-call and living in 6-land, some contests require
me to send /6 and others don't.  I'd hate to be DQ'd for putting /6 in
the log when I didn't actually send it.

Is there a general rule to follow when using Cabrillo format?

TIA,

73, Bill W7TI

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com