[CQ-Contest] Contest Writeup Errors

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Wed Oct 10 07:49:01 EDT 2001

According to the online spec for Cabrillo, there is
no "State" field, only a generic, multi-line "ADDRESS"
area. I imagine that's because "State" is meaningless
in many countries.  I also suspect that this area is
meant to be used in toto as a mailing address (for
that certificate!) than as a way to figure out from
where an operation took place.

Perhaps the address area needs two sections:
OPERATOR ADDRESS
STATION ADDRESS

Even then, as an apparently somewhat freeform area, it
might prove problematic to parse for all necessary
info, but that's the way it is now.

It might be a good idea to also add:
STATION CALLSIGN
for those cases when a guest op uses his own call,
like K1AR at K1EA. (I don't see how that info gets
gleaned from a Cabrillo summary as of now.)

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com