[CQ-Contest] Contest Writeup Errors

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 11 00:20:10 EDT 2001

For ARRL contests there is a field called "ARRL-SECTION".  The ARRL insists
on this because their contest writeups are organized by section, regardless
of the exchange.  (Personally, this seems illogical for a contest like ARRL
10M where you're exchanging state/province, but are scored by section.)

This subject get's pretty abstract for WPX.  For example, if K8CC operates
from Arkansas without signing /5, why should he be scored along with the
other 5s?  You did not exchange a location, and the guys he worked get
credit for a K8...

Nonetheless, this SHOULD be consistant at least for a given contest.  It
would be very useful if the CQ committees (WW & WPX) would publish in their
rules how they want this to be noted to catch correct info for the writeups.

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com