[CQ-Contest] new version of wintelnetx

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Thu Oct 11 00:37:07 EDT 2001

get the latest update to wintelnetx at my web site now and test it out before
the contests start.
this one has some minor fixes.  if you were trying to bring spots in from a tnc
or the internet into a ct serial network you need this version to make it work.

for those of you who haven't heard of wintelnetx you can think of it as an
internet/lan/serial port cross connect panel.  it lets you connect to internet
or packet radio based dx clusters and collect spots to feed to your logging
program either via a serial port or to ct via ethernet (using my nettsr program
for ct).  it provides dupe removal in case you connect to multiple spot
sources.  it can also be used to provide a local rf gateway to an internet
cluster node via telnet to help fillin holes for rf users that can't get a link
other ways.  it also has other possible uses for logging all the dx spots
received during a contest to a file, feeding dx spots to a dx cluster node (even
to old ak1a nodes) as a backup link, bridging ct networks between separated
operating sites, and probably a whole bunch of other things.  oh, and it also
makes a nicer telnet client than the windows telnet program or hyperterminal
imho.

See all my free software and download wintelnetx at:
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/software.html

NOTE!  the e-mail link on those pages is old, use k1ttt at arrl.net for questions
instead.  one of these days i'll go through and update all of them.  i still
check the old account, but not as often as the new address.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@arrl.net

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com