[CQ-Contest] Re: K3NM/LU9AY 40M SSB FCC Fiasco

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 08:04:13 EDT 2001

 I find it hard to believe that the DX stations that are working split
on both 75 and 40 meters are not hearing the QSO's that are going on by
these guys who claim they are being "intentionally QRM'ed". I know many
times that on 75 meters I have called CQ , listening down for DX,
and then gone back to my transmit frequency to find out that I
am being QRM'ed by some guy saying "damn contester go away" or
some guy who just starts up a QSO with his buddy and just ignores
you because he had a schedule. These guys have the attitude that no
contester has any right to any frequency. I'm sure anyone who has done
75 meter single band or who has been part of a M/M and has been the
operator on that band has experienced this.

 I think Reily is opening a can of worms by accepting these types
of complaints... He is going to be flooded after with them after
every DX contest by the anti-contest crowd that hangs around on 75
meters. There are a group of these guys whose idea of a good time
is to harass contesters during the weekend.

 Maybe some of you M/M guys should collect callsigns of these guys
during the CQWW SSB weekend... If you can get them !!!

                               Jeff