[CQ-Contest] Contest Writeup Errors

Tom Frenaye frenaye at pcnet.com
Thu Oct 11 13:58:32 EDT 2001

The original post mentioned someone's score being located in the wrong call area in the CQWW results, and the discussion was moved in several directions.    I think CQ had some basic score tabulation problem because I saw about a dozen errors just in the W1/W2 listings where someone with a W1 or W2 callsign living outside of the northeast was listed with the W1/W2 results.   I suspect it happened to as many as 40 or 50 USA scores and may not have had to do with the info in submitted logs.

In any case, before sending in your log, it's always wise to double check the summary sheet and/or header information in the Cabrillo file to make sure it is correct.

                -- Tom

e-mail: frenaye at pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com