[CQ-Contest] Contest Writeup Errors

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Thu Oct 11 14:09:00 EDT 2001

Certainly one should look over the summary area, but even so, Cabrillo has no way to positively indicate
the location of the operation (other than Section, if
that even applies).  The "ADDRESS" text strings could
just be a mailing address for the operator.  For most
cases this is moot (everything's the same) but "most
cases" is not usually a programmer's problem.

Since the raison d'etre for Cabrillo is to provide a
computer readable format, I think there needs to be
some more thought provided in this area - IOW, how to
let the sponsors know in what geographical region the
operation is to be scored.  I think that it's
preferable that the checking software not have to
try to determine this based on location info buried in
the ADDRESS area and callsign used (and, as I said,
that info is not sufficient).  Perhaps (warning:
speculation) that is just what caused the trouble.

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com