[CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted discrimination

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at contesting.com
Mon Oct 15 07:21:45 EDT 2001

At a multi, an operator constantly scanning a band while another op is
running the same band will find more stuff than watching the packet for
that band.

You don't have to worry about signals you can't hear.

Spots are often cold. Spots often have the call sign wrong. A brand new
spot usually means a pile of calling stations on frequency, some who
haven't even heard the spotted station yet.

Running one band, and using SO2R to S&P another is the peak of single
op. It is a truly difficult skill to master, BUT it really takes the
boredom out of running.

Why hypnotize yourself listening to your own CQ's. Synchronize and SO2R
another band. Forget the packet. Be proud of your own score.

73

Guy Olinger, K2AV
Apex, NC, USA