[CQ-Contest] Why I Won't Be in CQWW CW This Year

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 10:38:15 EDT 2001

In a message dated 10/15/01 8:33:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
n4zr at contesting.com writes:

>  It's too late this year, but why not join me in asking the CQWW Committee
>  to recognize the importance of family ties to the US participants and move
>  CQWWCW to the first weekend in December, 2002?

The first full weekend of December 2002 is Dec 8-9, which I suspect will be
the ARRL 160 meter contest.

2002 is the one out of seven calendar possibilities that has the last full
weekend of November (23-24) falling before the fourth Thursday (Nov 28).
Next year your wish for CQWW to avoid Thanksgiving weekend will be granted
with no further action  :-)

73  -  Jim  K8MR

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com