[CQ-Contest] re: Why I Won't Be in CQWW CW This Year

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Mon Oct 15 11:07:37 EDT 2001

> The reason?  As happens most years, the
> contest falls on the weekend immediately
> after US Thanksgiving.

This is the one weekend that lets me sleep all day Friday without taking a
vacation day.  Thanks, but no thanks.   Not that it will... but it doesn't
need to change.

After I asked my wife to marry me, I told her "Listen, I'm crazy.  I live
for this contesting stuff."  She replied "Ya, I understand."  I said "No,
you don't.  I can tell you what I'm going to be doing on the last weekend
of November 20 years from now!"

We've been married 14 or 15 years I guess... I think she is starting to
understand now.

:)

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com