[CQ-Contest] Why I Won't Be in CQWW CW This Year

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 09:21:37 EDT 2001

 If you are a CW contester you are basically screwed when it comes
to the contests that CQ Magazine sponsors. The two major CW contests
they sponsor fall on holiday weekends in the US - WPX CW is Memorial
Day weekend and CQWW DX CW on Thanksgiving weekend. So if you have to
choose between family stuff and doing the contest some of us have to
make a choice between the two. The answer I have always got when I
brought this up to someone associated with CQ is they will not change
the dates because most of the participation is outside of the USA. I
don't see why they couldn't rotate the CW/SSB weekends from year to
year. This would be a good compromise....

                    Jeff KU8E

ps : I will also be missing CQWW CW too because I will be in Danbury,CT
on Thanksgiving weekend. We will be driving and I will have the radio
in the car to hand out some points though....  Might be open to
visiting
a multi-op for a few hours to see what it is like from the east coast..
Anyone ???