[CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted discrimination

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Tue Oct 16 17:44:03 EDT 2001

"Guy Olinger, K2AV" wrote:

> Why hypnotize yourself listening to your own CQ's. Synchronize >and SO2R another band. Forget the packet. Be proud of your own >score.

Amen to that Guy!!
I think packet spotting has done more to hurt contesting than
help it.  It encourages cheating, takes the skill out of
multiplier hunting, etc.  There have been lots of posts here and
on other reflectors how DX stations don't like to be spotted.  It
causes an instant massive pileup, half of which the stations
can't even hear the DX but call anyway.  There's nothing like the
thrill of tuning around and hearing a weak, "59922."  That really
gets the adrenaline going :-)  73
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com