[CQ-Contest] Why I Won't Be in CQWW CW This Year

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 15 21:06:14 EDT 2001

I knew some PhD in statistics would comment on my
guesstimation :.) John, maybe you can look at your BRK file and
tell us how many Ws you worked?

Jim, your point is well-taken, and I did consider it. However, the
fact that it's easier to work K0RF than UA0RF is probably offset by
the fact that 8P9Z is a good op and knows he should make more of
an effort to work 3 pointers by choosing his bands carefully. So, at
0800Z, he's probably on 20m running EU, working DL0RF, and
looking for lowband mults, rather than running Ws on 80 or 160.
Out of his 6300 QSOs, ~4500 were on 20, 15, and 10; ~1200 were
on 40; and ~700 (10 percent) were on 80/160.
73,
Barry