[CQ-Contest] 40m Split Frequency Operation

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Oct 16 16:21:03 EDT 2001

On 10/13/01 10:57 AM, Tim Makins,  EI8IC at ei8ic at eircom.net wrote:

>I notice that he remarked at the end that he wished he had asked for tips
>and techniques on 40m Split Frequency Operation as well, so I thought that
>with the 'Contest Season' nearly upon us, now would be a good time to do the
>asking. 40m-split comments, anybody ??

Uh, the biggest tip is to always have a listening frequency other than
simplex. If you call CQ, always have a listening frequency above 7.153....

You don't know how frustrating it is in the US to hear loud DX stations
calling CQ on 40m with no takers and not be able to contact them because
they are all listening simplex.

--

Oh, and be sure to listen above 1850 kHz for US stations calling CQ and
working split. I'm sure some will attempt to stay within the bandplan. If

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com