[CQ-Contest] Re: K3NM/LU9AY 40M SSB FCC Fiasco

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Oct 16 16:30:46 EDT 2001

On 10/9/01 12:36 AM, John Warren at nt5c at texas.net wrote:

>Re the FCC letter to K3NM:
>
>CQWW/SSB is going to be very interesting on 40M. I assume everyone
>will take the time to check that their transmit frequency is clear
>before responding to a DX station. Otherwise, Mr Hollingsworth will
>have a busy weekend!

Wait a second! I thought that SPLIT operation was the savior of
weak-signal SSB. That's why the 160m CW operators petitioned so strongly
for it!

So, now we can't answer the DX station on his split listening frequency,
because we might interfere with some perceived net operation? Yeesh....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com