[CQ-Contest] 160M band plan & CQWW

Rich Gelber, K2WR k2wr at njdxa.org
Wed Oct 17 03:19:07 EDT 2001

I think AA4LR has hit upon the key (no pun intended) to understanding =
Riley's 160M letters.  The letters invoked the Band Plan in the context =
of intentional interference.  In other words, if a band-plan-conforming =
user complains of interference from a non-conforming user, it is the =
latter who has the explaining to do.

What's intentional interference?  Seems to me it's interference caused =
by either not listening first (since you know you're supposed to) or =
caused by continuing to transmit when you know the frequency was already =
occupied.

So... I can't see any danger in answering a CQ from a SSB station below =
1843.   Unless you happen to know the CQ'er is interfering with a =
previous occupant, you're not creating any intereference.

As for CQ'ing yourself, be careful, I think all bets are off.... too =
much damn CQ'ing anyway.

Just my own opinion, of course. =20

Rich K2WR

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com