[CQ-Contest] 160M band plan & CQWW

Milt Jensen miltj at dvec.org
Wed Oct 17 07:59:42 EDT 2001

K2WR said:

> As for CQ'ing yourself, be careful, I think all bets are off.... too =
> much damn CQ'ing anyway.
>
> Just my own opinion, of course. =20

> Rich K2WR

I am curious as to the method proposed to be utilized for attracting new
contact stations if contest participants are to cease (lessen) the quantity
of there CQ calls?  I believe every situation is different and every
operator responds slightly different to each particular situation.  The art
of CQing is no different in terms of knowledge of the band, conditions, time
of day, class of operation, station capability, etc. than any other
operational facet of contesting.

As mentioned in a previous post, it is simply a matter of education; learned
knowledge and proper use of same.  To simply say there is too much CQing is
akin to saying there are too many stations in the contests.

Back in my hole.  73 de Milt, N5IA

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com