[CQ-Contest] FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Fri Oct 19 18:40:11 EDT 2001

On 10/5/01 10:47 AM, Bill Tippett at btippett at alum.mit.edu wrote:

>        Note the September 12 letter to K3NM on this Webpage (second
>letter from top):
>
>        http://www.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/2001/0922.html?nc=1

I occurs to me that, in reading this, the key word is "deliberate". Once
made aware of the interference situation by telephone, if the operator
had taken corrective action, the FCC would not have perceived it as a
possible violation.

Of course, this letter only shows one side of the story, as we've
discussed elsewhere.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com