[CQ-Contest] Re: Four things to look for in CQ WW ?

Jan.E.Holm at telia.se Jan.E.Holm at telia.se
Sun Oct 21 10:09:19 EDT 2001

> Saturday 20th October 2001
>
> Hello all
Comments to your points:

1. Not 100% true. A good SOSB op will be able to snag mults
   coming up pritty quick, sometimes faster then cluster
   spots.

2. Not true. I can hold my "run" frequency and still work
   mults on the same band, I just have to be quiet on run
   frequency a few secs now and then. Being a not so rare
   SM I will not have big rate runs and that will give me
   time to scan the band "almost" at the same time as I
   run stations. Also if I´m a good op I know when to look
   for different stations in different areas etc etc.

3. Not true either. A good SOSB station can indeed have
   "just about" as good multiplier total as "most" M/M´s.
   Where do you draw the line? When does my mult count
   get excessive? These are very shady ground.

4. Also incorrect. As a active ham (dxer/contester) I
   certainly will not make simple misstakes like that.

Bottom line: If you want to nail people for cheeting that
is just fine and certainly should be done but these criterias
stipulated by GM3WOJ doesn´t hold water at all. If someone
is to be DQ´ed it has to be on very good grounds and not
on "shady" areas like these.

73 Jim SM2EKM

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com