[CQ-Contest] 1st Big One

Jeff Davis n9avg at home.com
Mon Oct 29 20:15:17 EST 2001

Been licensed 25 years and never was too interested in contesting until a
few weeks ago when I ventured into the PA QSO Party. Something just
'clicked' and I had a ball. Next was the Worked All Germany and that was a
blast because the DX was calling me!

This weekend I ventured into the big one. I had a great time, only worked 24
hours but managed 250 Qs, 29 zones and 74 countries which I figure wasn't
too bad for 100 watts, a dipole and a rookie effort.

I really enjoyed it and can't wait now for the next contest!

Jeff, N9AVG

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com