[ E-Layer ] Re: [CQ-Contest] Echo

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Oct 29 23:02:37 EST 2001

You're right, Hans.

Based on what I know about LDE's, conditions were probably right for some
in this contest.  Conditions were very good early on, and then at about
1700Z on Sunday I began to hear the flutter of aurora on some signals.
Earlier in the contest, I did catch my own echo within that 1/7 second
round-trip delay time, and heard echoes on a couple UA0's that were so bad
I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Tom, out of curiosity when did you hear the echo and what time was it?

Zack W9SZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com